Easy skin & lungs = resilient child
Babies, Toddlers & Older Children
- You are looking for a natural solution to your child’s persistent itchiness or cough
- You have tried several methods, products and health professionals but it has only brought temporary relief
- Your instinct tells you there must be something else besides commercial solutions or prescriptions
- You wonder if certain foods can make you child better or worse and you are confused about which ones
- In addition, your child keeps getting sick and/or has other chronic symptoms
Inflammation is an underlying factor in both skin and lung issues. The skin and lungs can become sensitised to a variety of stimuli hence, removal of environmental irritants and harmful substances is key. Stress/excitement are often a trigger too so calming strategies need to be considered. In addition, looking at the gut is essential. The break of the gut barrier function is associated with the break of the skin and lung barrier functions.
What is unique about my approach is that I look at ways to tackle inflammation naturally, optimise the gut, and remove predisposing factors that can make chronic skin or lung issues worse. It includes:
- Nutrition– to give your child’s body what it needs to heal from the inside out.
- Gut health- to restore gut barrier function and supports healthy bacteria growth.
- Environmental exposures- to help identify and reduce common allergens, irritants, and harmful substances.
- Stress reduction- to provide you and your child with tools and home exercises to manage this common trigger.
- Nervous system regulation- to promote tolerance by the immune system to allergens. This is done through hands-on craniosacral therapy.
- Specialist tests on a case-by-case basis to assess gut health, immune health, or toxin load through non-invasive stool, finger-prick, or urine home tests.
Finally…food for thought. Child eczema and asthma are connected. Taking action even if your child or yourself are not too bothered may help prevent symptoms from worsening. Did you know that:
- Up to 20% of children with mild to moderate eczema can develop asthma
- Up to 60% of children with severe eczema can develop asthma
- Up to 30% of children with mild to moderate eczema can develop food sensitivities/allergies
Is your baby or child struggling with skin issues? Get your free mini-guide to clear, comfortable skin!
What to expect
Before a consultation
Book an appointment, fill out the questionnaire attached to the booking email and return by email at least 24hrs before the first consultation. Please feel free to include any recent health tests.
The initial work with me consists of 3 sessions over 12 weeks, €332 euro (1 x 90-minutes initial consultation and 2 x 60-minutes consultations). You save €65 of the overall cost (RRP €415). More on how to get started, including forms, fees and terms.
I kindly ask you to talk to your child beforehand. It can help to set the right expectations and make them feel at ease when they first come. Both parents are welcomed. However, bringing siblings to the consultation is not encouraged as it can take away the focus and be a source of distraction.
During a consultation
Consultations take place either on their parent’s arms, floormat, or the plinth depending on the stage of development of the baby. On the floormat, I am able to observe and recognise baby language which can provide helpful insights. On the plinth, I am able to show parents useful exercises.
Toddlers & Older Children:
Consultations take place on a floormat or sitting on a child’s desk while they are drawing or playing with soft toys or the plinth. Building trust and making a child comfortable is key. That is why I approach children with a caring, non-judgemental attitude, avoid technical/medical language, ask questions to draw curiosity, and respect their timings.
Consultations are dynamic. There will be a gentle exploration of the story and symptoms with both parents and child, hands-on therapy time as well as time to answer questions/concerns from the parents.
After a consultation
A detailed, step-by-step personalised plan that is simple and doable and meets the needs of the family. It will include:
- Dietary recommendations, including key foods to include/avoid as well as suitable replacements
- Guidance on how to transition to healthier options as well as tasty recipes ideas.
- Eating habits and mindful eating tips
- Targeted supplements with detailed instructions on dose and timings (when needed).
- Home exercises re relaxation and breathing techniques
- Handout on key allergens and environmental triggers
- Natural remedies for skin/lung health
- Interpretation and evaluation of laboratory tests (when needed).
The above will be reviewed and updated after each consultation so that you can track the changes.