Gut health benefits: split lentils are easy to digest and contain gentle fibre. The addition of falafel boots its protein and fibre content. It is warming with aromatic spices that help with digestion and bring out flavours.
Ingredients, Serves 4
- 250g yellow split pea dahl
- 1 pack shop bought falafels
- 2 medium leeks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 curry leaves
- ginger, 5cms, finely chopped
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 2tsp ground turmenic
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 80g pistachios, unsalted
- 80g pomegranate seeds
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon juice
- beetroot warps
1. Brown leeks, garlic and ginger in a little olive oil
2. Add dahl, spices and tomato paste and stir for a few minutes. Then add the coconut milk and 500ml of water.
3. Let it simmer at a medium heat covered for 20min. Season to taste. Scatter pistachios and pomegranates to the mix. Drizzle over the lemon juice and serve with beetroot wraps.
Make simple, healthy meals for your family!
My compilation of 36 delicious and nutritious plant-based recipes will have your family asking for a second helping!
These plant-based meals are packed full of nutrition with simple ingredients and are easy to prepare, even with a busy schedule!