Sweet potato and tofu quiche
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1/2block feta
- 1 punnet chestnut mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 tsp turmenic
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 3 gloves of garlic
- 1 shop bought puff pastry
1. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into even cubes, approx.. 2cms. Place them in a oven tray, drizzle some olive oil, cumin seeds and sea salt. Roast them at 180degrees for 15min until tender.
2. To defrost the peas, simply cover them in boiling water for 5mins
3. Roast the pumpkin seeds on a pan at a low heat.
4. Brow the garlic in a little olive oil. Wash and cut the mushrooms as finely as you can. After a few minutes, pour a bit of white wine. Cover and let the juices soak up until the mushrooms are tender.
5. Beat the eggs and feta cheese. Add the rest of ingredients. Season to taste. 6. In the oven at 200degrees for 10min. Bring the temperature down to 180degrees for 30min.
Make simple, healthy meals for your family!
My compilation of 36 delicious and nutritious plant-based recipes will have your family asking for a second helping!
These plant-based meals are packed full of nutrition with simple ingredients and are easy to prepare, even with a busy schedule!