Easy gut-loving vegetable crumble
29th June 2021/
Easy 6 vegetable gut-loving vegetable crumble
A simple and delicious 6 vegetable pie with feta and bulgur crumble that will fill your belly and feed your healthy microbes. Packed with nutrients and fibres, it contains a balanced combination of all macronutrients which makes it a complete meal. The bulgur and feta crumble is a nutritious option to potato mash. Vegetables can be rotated according to seasonality. Vegan requirements? Switch the feta cheese for vegan cheese. A family favourite!
- 1/2 white cabbage shredded
- 2 leeks cut lengthwise
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1 punnet chestnut mushrooms chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, medium shredded
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds roasted
- 1 pack peta cheese crumbled
- 2 cups bulgur cooked
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Peel and shred all vegetables except garlic and mushrooms (I used a food processor but it can also be done manually).
- Chop garlic and mushrooms finely and brown in a little olive oil. Add the spices.
- Add all shredded vegetables to the garlic and mushroom mix. Cover with a lid and let the vegetables cook in their own juices for about 15min stirring occasionally. Season to taste.
- Cook the bulgur according to instructions. Rinse under cold water to stop it from further cooking.
- Open the feta cheese and crumble it with your hands.
- When soft but still firm, place the vegetable mix onto an oven-proof casserole dish. Top it up with the feta and cooked bulgur.
- Bake at 200 degrees until the bulgur crust is golden brown.
Make simple, healthy meals for your family!
My compilation of 36 delicious and nutritious plant-based recipes will have your family asking for a second helping!
These plant-based meals are packed full of nutrition with simple ingredients and are easy to prepare, even with a busy schedule!