Healthy mind = happy child
From 18 months
- Your child is anxious/irritable/emotionally sensitive
- You child shows attention deficit or hyperactivity
- You recognise some learning difficulties and/or you have been told by the school/healthcare providers
- Your child is showing developmental issues and/or sensitivities to noise, light, stress
- Your child has been medically diagnosed and you have been told that there is not much you can do
The Behaviour & Mood Transform Programme
The brain is dependent on key nutrients and good nutrition can improve mood, cognition, and behaviour. The gut has an influence on how we function and feel. It not only helps to absorb nutrients but healthy gut bacteria produce beneficial substances for the brain too. Additionally, toxins can get into the brain creating behavioural and emotional symptoms. Finally, the vagus nerve facilitates communication between the gut and brain, which influences digestion and our ability to adapt to changes.
Hence, poor diet, toxins, nutrient deficiencies, lack of beneficial bacteria, or low vagal tone can all contribute to mood and emotional dysregulation, poor learning, and altered behaviour.
In my method, I take a unique gut-brain approach. It includes:
- Nutrition – to optimise nutrients for your child’s nervous system and detox capacity to work at their best.
- Gut health – to restore gut function, the gut ecosystem, and clear food reactions that can affect behaviour.
- Environmental exposures – to help identify and reduce common allergens, irritants, and harmful substances to the gut and brain.
- Stress reduction – to provide you and your child with copings tools and home exercises.
- Nervous system regulation – working with the vagus nerve through hands-on craniosacral therapy to promote digestion and healthy stress response.
- Specialist tests on a case-by-case basis to assess gut health, immune health, chemical imbalances, or toxin load through non-invasive stool, finger-prick, or urine home tests.
What to expect
Before a consultation
Book an appointment, fill out the questionnaire attached to the booking confirmation email and return at least 24hrs before we first meet. Please feel free to include any recent health tests.
The Behaviour & mood transform programme consists of 5 consultations over 12 weeks, €477. This includes:
- 2 x 1h consultations, week 1 & 5
- 3 x 30min consultations, week 3, 8, 12
Please note that this is a one-off payment due after your initial consultation. No deposit is required at the time of booking. More on booking and payment terms.
I kindly ask you to talk to your child beforehand. It can help to set the right expectations and make him/her feel at ease when they first come. Both parents are welcomed. However, bringing siblings to the consultation is not encouraged as it can take away the focus and be a source of distraction.
Need some extra clarity? Book a 15-min free discovery call to discuss how can I best support you and your child.
During a consultation
Consultations take place on a floormat or sitting on a child’s desk while they are drawing or playing with soft toys or the plinth. Building trust and making a child comfortable is key. I approach children with a caring, non-judgemental attitude, avoid technical/medical language, ask questions to draw curiosity and respect their timings.
Consultations are dynamic. They will be gentle exploration of the story and symptoms with both parents and child, hands-on therapy time as well as time to answer questions/concerns from the parents.
After a consultation
A personalised plan including:
- Dietary recommendations, including key foods to include/avoid as well as suitable replacements.
- Guidance on how to transition to healthier options as well as tasty recipes ideas.
- Eating habits and mindful eating tips
- Targeted supplements with detailed instructions on dose and timings (when needed).
- Home exercises re relaxation and breathing techniques
- Handout on key allergens and environmental triggers
- Interpretation and evaluation of laboratory testing (when needed).
The plan is reviewed and updated after each consultation so that you can track the changes.