DipNT, DipBCST, DipKinesiology, NTOI, IACST
I became interested in natural approaches to health and wellbeing with the birth of my first child, 16 years ago. A baby brings the opportunity to reconnect with the basics. I took a career break (from 11 years of advisory work in the EU) and never looked back. I initially trained in holistic massage, then kinesiology and craniosacral therapy and swiftly saw the benefits that these body-based therapies brought beyond the pure physicality. People were getting more confident, less stressed, more resilient. This fed my hunger to know more about the connections between our bodies, mind and the environment.
Nutritional therapy is a strong complement to body-based therapies. After all, we are what we eat and drink but also how we think and behave and a product of our life circumstances.
Today, I practice a personalised model to health and wellbeing that looks at root causes and not just symptoms. It is one of the main postulates of Functional Medicine, which I fully abide on. The second postulate is to consider every aspect of a person’s health, diet, stress, environment and lifestyle.
The way back to health is unique to each person and I am here with all my resources to support you on your journey.
I have taken undergraduate and postgraduate training in different aspects of biochemistry, gut function and disorders, nutritional science, craniosacral therapy and bodywork and other bodymind disciplines.
I hold diplomas in Nutritional therapy, Craniosacral therapy and Kinesiology, three established complementary therapies (that is a total of 7 years of studies). I have also recently completed a certification to from the institute of Functional Medicine (AFMCP) and I am currently undertaking a MSc in Personalised Nutrition from CNELM/Middlesex University.
Outside my clinic work, I run healthy cooking classes and annual women yoga and nutrition retreats. I have also put together an e-book of Plant-based recipes for the family which can be downloaded for free from this website.
Qualifications and Professional memberships
- Institute for Functional Medicine, Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP UK), London 2018
- Nutritional Therapy Diploma, Institute for Optimum Nutrition, London 2018
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy Diploma, Body Intelligence Training, Dublin, 2013
- Systematic Kinesiology Diploma, The Academy of Systematic Kinesiology, Dublin, 2011
- Member of NTOI (Nutritional Therapists of Ireland)
- Member of IACST (Irish Association of Craniosacral Therapy)
- Fully insured for professional liability with Balens Ltd
- Garda vetted, July 2018 (according to the Irish children & vulnerable persons Acts 2012&2016)
Post-graduate training, CPD recognised
The complementary therapy world is constantly evolving. I keep abreast by attending seminars, conferences and workshops in the areas of functional nutrition, biochemistry, gastrointestinal disorders and craniosacral therapy.
Post-graduate training in Nutrition, CDP by NTOI or BANT:
- Gut adaptation, October 2017
- SIBO testing masterclass, November 2017
- Energy crisis, June 2018
- Inflammation, September 2018
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP), Oct 2018
- The Methylation connection, April 2019
- The Chemical cascade, May 2019
- Nutritional kintsugi-clinical protocols for imperfect health, May 2019
- Restoring Gastrointestinal health, May 2019
- Microbiome restoration, The SIBO doctor, August 2019
- Currently, Masters of Science (MsC) in Personalised Nutrition, September 2019-2021
Post-graduate training in Craniosacral therapy:
- Working with mums&babies, Sheila Keane seminar, September 2013
- Fluid body, Michael Shea seminar, February 2015
- Doula training, GAMA Maternidade, September 2015
- Base and embodied compassion, Michael Shea seminar, Nov 2015
- Gut, heart and brain, Michael Shea seminar, November 2016
- Pre-natal development, pregnancy and the cardiovascular system, Michael Shea seminar, February 2017
- Child protection, IACST October 2017
- Positive birth conference, IACST October 2017
- Association of Lactation consultants of Ireland (ALCI), September 2019
- Currently, Baby Integrative therapy training, October 2019-July 2021
- Certificate in mindfulness, International college for personal and professional development (ICPPD), March 2013
Irish Life Health now recognises Nutritional Therapy Consultations with NTOI members as part of selected health plans.
Make simple, healthy meals for your family!
My compilation of 36 delicious and nutritious plant-based recipes will have your family asking for a second helping!
These plant-based meals are packed full of nutrition with simple ingredients and are easy to prepare, even with a busy schedule!
Gut Health, Microbiome, Baby Gut Health
Plant-based for Gut Health