Veg tray meal for gut health
6 vegetable tray recipe
- 1 kg new potato
- 2 cans cannellinni beans
- 2 courgettes
- 2 red peppers
- 4 yellow peppers
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 leek
- 1 bag salad leaves
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- Boil the new potatoes in salted water for 7 minutes. Drain the water, cut them in half and place them on an oven tray. Toss in some olive oil and salt. Roast them under a medium grill for 5-7minutes.
- Boil the green beans in salted water until firm but tender.
- Roast the courgettes and peppers (whole) for 30 minutes. Dice the courgettes and peel off the skin of the peppers. Reserve.
- Rinse the cannellini beans and drain well.
- Dice the leeks and brown them in a little olive oil. Meanwhile, halve the cherry tomatoes and add them in together with the spices. Simmer uncovered at low temperature until the vegetables are soft. Add in 2 roasted peppers and keep cooking until the vegetables come into a sauce. Season to taste.
- Cover the tray or serving dish with salad leaves. Add the potatoes, cannellini beans, green beans and roasted red and yellow peppers (cut lengthwise). Scatter the tomato and red pepper sauce on top. Serve away!
Make simple, healthy meals for your family!
My compilation of 36 delicious and nutritious plant-based recipes will have your family asking for a second helping!
These plant-based meals are packed full of nutrition with simple ingredients and are easy to prepare, even with a busy schedule!