Autumn pumpkin timbale and Brazil nuts risotto
This Winter pumpkin timbale represents an optimal use of seasonal produce and nutritional value. It will closely fulfil your daily fibre requirements while providing you with great values of gut-soothing and immune-booting vitamin A and selenium.
- 1 Kabocha or Japanese Winter pumpkin
- 1 pack risotto rice
- 1 lt homemade vegetable stock or stock cubes
- 12 Brazil nuts, roasted and grounded
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
Homemade vegetable stock
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1 head garlic
- 1 brown onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 6 dried mushrooms
- 6 sundried tomatoes
- 3 stripes dry kombu
- Clean the pumpkin, slice it into wedges and remove the inside. Kobucha has a tender skin (so leave it on) and roasts quickly. Place the wedges in a over roasting tin, sprinkle olive oil and cumin seeds and roast at 180degrees for 15min approx. Alternatively, use any other type of pumkin and/or squash.
- Make the stock. Cover all the ingredients in salted water and let it boil for 45min.
- Brown the garlic in a little olive oil. Add the risotto. Cover with the stock and let it simmer on a low heat, stirring occasionally. Add more stock when needed. When the rice is 'al dente' (tender but still firm), add the vegan butter, cover and let it soak the last juices for 10min.
- Pan roast the Brazil nuts and grind them.
- To serve, place the risotto at the bottom of your dish, decorate with pumpkin wedges around it to make a timbale. Sprinkle the Brazil nuts on top.