Festive and gut-friendly loaf
Festive and gut-friendly nut loaf
- egg lightly beaten
- 300 g butternut or pumpkin boiled
- 150 g carrots boiled
- 1 brown onion chopped finely
- 3 sticks celery chopped finely
- 250 g shiitake mushrooms chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 splash white wine
- 200 g mixed nuts (ie Brazil nuts, almonds, cashews) coarsely ground
- 180 g cooked chestnuts coarsely ground
- 175 g wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp dried sage or oregano
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- Chop and boil the butternut squash and carrots in water until tender. Then mash and season.
- In a medium pan add a little olive oil and brown the onion, garlic, celery and mushrooms. After 5min, add the wine, cover and let it cook in a medium heat for 15min or until the mixture is reduced to a half. Then add the tomato puree and season to taste.
- Ground the nuts and chestnuts
- Make your own breadcrumbs by chopping coarsely your wholegrain bread
- Lightly beat the egg
- The mashed vegetable mix with the mushroom mix, mixed nuts, breadcrumbs, tamari and herbs. Season to taste.
- Butter a non-stick ring cake tin. Add the ingredients and place in the oven for 1 hour at 180 degrees.
Make simple, healthy meals for your family!
My compilation of 36 delicious and nutritious plant-based recipes will have your family asking for a second helping!
These plant-based meals are packed full of nutrition with simple ingredients and are easy to prepare, even with a busy schedule!